Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Family Game Time


As we welcome the new year I wanted to share with you one last holiday post. Happy New Year!

Every Christmas we gather together for some fun game time.  Last year was Christmas themed Pictionary and this year I put together some Minute to Win It games.  I had this whole scoring thing, but it was more fun just to play as couples and watch each other play the games.


I took pictures with my Iphone so I apologize 
for all the blurry pictures.  
 The first game is Chinese Take Out.  Using chopsticks you had to pick up as many mini marshmallows as you can in one minute. Christopher rocked his chopsticks skills.  I really was bad at this task so I decided to just take a picture. 


Next is the Nutstacker. Place 8 nuts on a candy cane and see if you can stack them in one minute.  Matthew was the fastest at doing this task.


This next one was hard.  You had to use the present to blow the ornament down the hall and have it rest on that paper square.  Nobody was able to do it!  But it was sure funny to watch everyone flapping that box all over the place.








The "snowball" toss was fun.  You had to toss your large marshmallows through the wreath and your partner had to catch them.  There was a tie in this match up.













This next one was a bit messy and impossible.  (I didn't try any games out before the night)  You put Vaseline on your nose and then in a minute fling the pompom up onto you nose.  First off it felt gross putting the Vaseline on your nose!!!!  Then after about 30 seconds of flinging my head up and down my brain hurt!  Matthew was the closest to getting it onto his nose!  

Too cute Kara!

My Rudolphs

This last game is classic and is the one from the video at the top of my post. (I couldn't figure out how to get the video down here)  You had to move the cookie from your forehead to your mouth.  This one was hilarious to watch.  
Arrggg, I am a cookie pirate!
I have videos of everyone giving it their best shot.  Maybe I will share them another day.  But Matthew rocked this game too, he moved it down to his mouth in 11 seconds!

This was a fun night with the kids.  It was nice to watch the young newlyweds working together and cheering each other on.  I hope they do that throughout their marriages. 
I know that I am happy my hubby is always by my side and cheering me on in life.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day.




No comments: