Thursday, June 9, 2011

All Decked Out!

This week I worked on the deck area. 
It took me about four hours to scrub all
 the pollen off the chairs, table and umbrella. 
Then I went to Lowes and bought flowers
for all the pots I have collected. 
Then Michael found a spot for our birdfeeders. 
It is hard in this yard because there are a bunch
of spots that squirrels could leap to the feeders.

BEFORE

Scrub, scrub, scrub.......

AFTER
The ground is very hard right now so I think
I am going to wait till next year to put
in the perennials into the beds along the side of the yard. 
 Also we need to figure out how to take care of the pond. 
Right now we have successfully grown algae
 and made a home for a couple frogs. 
Thanks for stopping by.
The next room I will be finishing up is my craft room.

1 comment:

John and Renee said...

my mom had a pond at her house in Maryland and barley was a great algae deterent and she had fish.. BUT if you do the fish only go to Petsmart (or the like) and by the
.25 feeder fish, they did great and grew! Couldn 't tell from the pic but you all have a fountain in the pond? That keeps the water moving and filtered.