Thursday, December 27, 2012

COOKIE DAY!


 Every year in December we have a family day. The kids have called it Cookie Day since we started it about 6 years ago.  It is usually the Saturday after I finish my Christmas cookie baking. 
Do you notice the scrapbook pages on the cabinets?  A few years back I started taping up all our past Christmas pages.   Everyone enjoys looking back at all the fun times.  I like seeing how the kids have grown and all the cute things they have done.


We played board games and then had a roaring game of Christmas Pictionary.  I made a box full of Carols and Christmas themed words to draw.  We divided the gals and the men and then went at it.  Some of the words were to easy, so I made them blindfold words.  It made it a bit more challenging that way. The men won by three Hershey kisses! 


 Then it was time for the group photo! Sometimes it is hard to get these guys to organize! 
That's not the right way guys!!!!!
  OK, that is much better.  I must tell you what made this much easier this year.  It is my new remote control for my Nikon camera.  All you have to do is set your camera to remote and you can push that button anywhere in the room.  It will focus and snap!  So cool!

 This has become an awesome family tradition.  We have added two new faces to our crew this year.  We welcomed Matthew's wife Sarah and Christopher's girlfriend Kara to the bunch.  It was a fabulous day of food and fun!  

What traditions do you have with your family?  
I would love to hear about them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a blessed day!

No comments: