Thursday, December 13, 2012

Craft Day

 Today we gathered for a craft day.  Sarah came from WV and Sarah K's friend, Nikki joined us for a craft marathon.  I have been collecting ornament ideas on Pinterest all year.  So I thought it would be fun to gather up the supplies and make them ALL.
Tiny tree hot glued inside + snow
For all of the ornaments we used the clear glass ones you would find at Michaels.  We just did different effects to each one. 
 This one to the right has acrylic paint dripped inside! The red and green glittery ones are so simple.  All you have to do is coat the inside with Pledge (blue top) floor cleaner and then pore in the glitter.  


 For the bead one we wrapped wire around a stick and added colorful beads.  Then we stuffed them inside the ball.
I think these are just the cutest!  Here is the link that explains how to make them.  CUPCAKES

Next we headed upstairs to make 
some pillows covers.  

They are real simple appliqued trees.   Just cut out your trees onto fusible inner facing and iron them onto fabric.  The girls wanted to add buttons too.  Not a problem, I think we have plenty of them in the craft room.


 I made two for my foyer bench pillows.  I think I may keep them around for the winter season.


No comments: