Friday, March 22, 2013

Washi Cards

While surfing Pinterest I found some cute cards made with washi tape.  So since I have a nice collection of the tape, I thought it would be fun to make some cards.
This first one was super easy and fast to make.  You are basically wrapping the tape around the card stock and cutting the banner.  Trim a bit off the top and flip it to make the accent.



I love the pink, gray and black combo.  I added a little tag and scored the background paper.











Here I picked some springy colors and added a cute saying.

This last one is birthday present.  I wrapped a 3 inch square and added the twine and banner.
 On the back of all these card I used some mounting tape to give a little dimension to the cards.  This roll of  Scotch mounting tape will last longer than the little packages of pop dots and was cheaper!  So if you make a lot of cards you may want to look into this stuff.


This card seemed a little plain to me, so I added some stamps to the inside of the card.  
Thanks for taking a peek at my cards and have a blessed day!




6 comments:

Jean said...

Wow they are cool and sweet :)
Thanks for share :)

Have a nice weekend :)

Carina (PaperJunky) said...

your cards are awesome, i love the pink and black one. Great Job

Leslie N. said...

I've been floundering all day wondering what I could add to a couple of cards I just made that need a little 'something'. Thank you so much for your inspiration! Your cards are fabulous!!! :D

Jeanine said...

Thank you so much for this wonderfully simple and fun idea! My LO just started asking me to make some cards for her friends to put her phone number in them, to bring to school. We also just got our first little washi tape order! We've got Canadian Thanksgiving out here this weekend, and this idea (I found shared through thewashiblog.com) will work in perfect unison with the restaurant! And ai as you, always say,
Have a blessed Day,
Jeanine

Bourgeon créatif said...

I like your cards very much, particularly the one with the present.
Thank you for sharing them with us.

Unknown said...

Any tips on tying the bow on the birthday card? Thanks for some quick ideas!