Thursday, April 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies


I wrote down this recipe as a young bride living in army housing back in 1986. My neighbor Rhonda Hite was a mother of two young children. I thought she knew it all. I had just given birth to my first child and had no clue what I was doing. She seemed to have all the answers. I thank God for all the army wives I have met over the years. We are a unique breed of strong, independent, welcoming, and accepting women. If you ever meet a military spouse, make sure you thank them for THEIR sacrifice to holding down the homefront while their spouses are fighting for your freedom.

I didn’t plan to jump on that soapbox, sorry.
There isn’t anything special about this recipe except they are YUMMY. Enjoy.


1 C Butter
1 C White Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C Peanut Butter
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 ½ C Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda


Cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Flatten dough with fork if desired. Bake @ 375 for 8 - 10 minutes.

No comments: