I was an active with 52 Weeks of Organizing in the beginning of this year. But then we put our house up for sale and moved. So I had to make our house “sellable” and then move all our stuff to the new house.
In this process we were able to get rid of the things we don’t use anymore J As we unpacked all the boxes we again put everything in its “home” and got rid things that didn’t fit into our new space.
During the moving process I picked up Laura’s book. I am finished reading and implementing the 101 fabulous tips so I want to pass the book onto someone else.
But first I want to tell you my top 10 tips from the book.
1. Less is More. My husband and I have realized “stuff” had taken over our lives. We want to live simply and not be defined by all of our things.
2. Give everything a designated place. Since we just moved it was easy to start fresh and give all our things a “home”
3. Never leave a room empty handed. I have made this a habit and find my house less cluttered.
4. Set up a beverage station. My husband is the coffee drinker and he has his coffee pot below a cabinet with all the necessities above. Great idea!
5. Start every week with a menu plan. I have a menu board for the month and my family picks out what they want to eat each week. See LINK Scroll down to the end of the post.
6. Toss your junk mail right away. We go through our mail right away and recycle all our junk mail and file the rest. No more piles to go through!
7. Streamline kitchen utensils. How many of those tools do you really use? Take them all out and put them in a box. Return them to your drawer as you use them. After a month get rid of what you don’t use. Yes, can keep the special occasion ones.
8. Organize while watching TV. While I don’t organize so much anymore I use the commercial time to clean. I can load a dishwasher, start laundry, fold laundry, dust, clean a toilet…. And still watch my show. I don’t feel like such a couch potato.
9. Have a house keeping mission statement. You will have to get the book to read Laura’s. I totally agree with what she says.
10. Invite company over for motivation. Nothing like a deadline.
Don’t you want to know the other 91 tips???? If you would like a chance at receiving my gently used Clutter Rehab book, you have to tell me an organizing tip you use in your house and give me your email. I will then put you all in a hat and pick the winner. Deadline: July 20th.
Of course I will continue to read Laura's Fridays post and read all the great tips!
Thanks for stopping by.