Friday, March 28, 2014

Where Have I Been?

Here is the reason I haven't been blogging lately. 
 I have been working at church to help pull 
together a Father/Daughter Dinner. 
 We had 200 in attendance.  
We transformed the gym
 into a special space for a memorable evening. 

Our theme for the evening was Psalm 139:14 
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul know very well."

We wanted the girls to know that the Lord made each and everyone of them unique and special!
Since the dinner was just a few days after spring, we thought the colors should be bright and cheery.  We made almost all the decorations by hand.  We had a great group of volunteers that helped!


The birdcages were from Hobby Lobby.  We attached a glass candlestick from the dollar store.  Then we distressed the cage with a variety of paints.  The table number was an embossed and inked circle.  Making it look like a piece of wood.  I added some raffia, flowers and you have a pretty focal piece.

We place the cage on a piece of wood and painted a little bird for each centerpiece.  A votive added just the right amount of light to illuminate the cage.

These poms were fun to make and hang as our dance floor chandelier.


 Each place setting had a hand dyed doily and tissue paper corsage.  Our party favor for the girls were little insta-grow pots filled with flower seeds.  We had nest shaped candy dishes with egg candies that matched our colors perfectly. 
For dessert we served cupcakes from this fabulous cupcake bar.  The ladies baked and decorated 300+ cupcakes.  They dived right in and loved it!


We had a fun photobooth area for them to get a picture taken.  It was a good way for them to remember the evening.

Here is a picture of the main coordinators of the dinner.  Left, food coordinator, middle, administrative/ craft helper, and I created the decor for the all the areas of the event.

It was a great experience working with these ladies and all the other volunteers that made this evening possible.  I am blessed that I can use my crafty gifts and talents to help create a special evening for my church family.


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

No comments: