Thursday, March 24, 2011

CNY

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go visit my central New York “family”. About twice a year I go hang out with all my friends and play games, eat yummy food, learn from a great pastor and just be surrounded {HUGGED} by a loving church. The Lord called us away from this area but every time I return I feel as though I have never left. This little piece in NY has a big heart and even though I was only a part of it for a short time, I take it with me where ever I live.

This time I was given the honor of teaching at the Ladies Craft Day. We made a small accordion book and a couple of Easter cards. The ladies were very creative. Some even made the book into a scrapbook page.



Do you see the cross?



For lunch my friend Jule made Sloppy Joes. Here is the recipe. She put in her crock pot for a few hours and it was delicious!




2lbs hamburger
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery ( i don't use that much)
1 (10 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
1/2 c. catsup
1tbsp. vinegar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Worchester sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder


brown meat, onions & celery
mix other ingredients in bowl
add to meat. Simmer



No comments: