Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snorkeling

We went snorkeling while down in the Keys. 
It was the scariest and most fun thing I have ever done. I was nervous for days. 
Michael and I practiced in our
hotel pool the night before the trip. 
While it made me feel a tiny bit more comfortable about the trip, I was still very scared. 

The next day we took a boat out about 5 miles into the ocean.  There is a natural reef along the Keys that are protected.  So surrounded by nothing but water for as far and the eye could see, I decided I am going to join my “buddy” Michael in the water.  I was crying and hyperventilating as I got into the water.  Michael was very patient, calming and let me get use to the water.  After about 10 minutes I finally dipped my head into the water and saw all the fish.  As the time went by I got braver and held my head under the water for longer periods of time.




 We saw the “Christ of the Sea” that was place down there back in the 60’s.
There were tons of fish around it.
You can't see, but the coral and fish were so colorful.




4 comments:

Dawn said...

You are braver than I am. We could have gone when we were on the cruise but I chickened out. Great pics.

Nutmeg said...

Great job Carol! Snorkeling is so much fun! You will get used to the feeling. I hope you go and try again!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wow. what fun pix and love the christ of the sea!

nobody said...

I'm glad you were able to go snorkling. I knew you'd enjoy it. And you captured some great pics too.