Friday, July 27, 2012

Weekly Sketch

Here is another great sketch from the Let's Scrap crew!  This week I learned how to make the ever so popular chevron.  I had chevrons that were printed onto paper, but I decide to go old school and hand make them.  Here is a LINK to the directions I used.

On our road trip last year Matthew and I hit a couple of unusual places. This little gem is in Kansas. It is called Mushroom Rock State Park. You can read about it HERE. It was a fascinating place in the middle nowhere USA. We had to pass cows just walking down the road.  He was giving us the eyeball and saying, "What the heck are you guys doing in my field?"

We spent about a half hour exploring the
 rock formations in the "park". 


Here is a close up of the chevrons.  My advice for making them would to be to use thin paper.  Mine was double sided and thick!  So it was hard to get them to lay flat on the page.  I had to use a bunch of adhesive to get them to lay flat and I added the little border on the edge to make them look smoother.

1 comment:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Awesome layout Carol! TFS your thin paper tips :)And I like that cute cow picture =D